Our Editorial Policy
Would you like to submit a guest post or become a regular contributor to one of our sites?
By Colin Manson
Please take a few moments to read through our editorial policy so you can get an idea of what we’re looking for. Compliance with our editorial policy will improve the chance of your idea or article being accepted.
Suggested Themes and Tone:
Content should be related to science, humour, interesting stats, maps, science fiction, reviews of attractions/places to stay/places to eat/events. Keep in mind the tone of the site – if you’re trying to prove a point, use legitimate evidence with sources to back up your claims. Name-calling, trolling, defamatory or libellous content will not be accepted. Take at the look at our Navigation up at the top of the page to see the categories we cover.
Guide to where you live, top places to visit in a town/village/area, an insiders guide to your area, the best places to find food (to name a few), the travel and tourism sector… anything that you and our readers might find, well, relatively interesting.
Tip: Visit the “To See & Do” section of the site you are interested in, so you can get a better sense of what our readers like.
Your submission, article, or post:
- Must be an original article that you wrote. We’ll check to see if it’s an article that’s been written before using Copyscape/Grammarly. Don’t spin a piece that’s already been published. If we publish your article and then find out it’s been plagiarized, we’ll take it down.
- Must not be taken from the public domain (i.e., don’t copy an article from Wikipedia).
- If you are using other author’s content or data, it must be sourced/cited, and you must have the appropriate license for use.
- Must not be an advertisement, “selling a product”, or deemed as SPAM. We do, however, accept sponsored posts. In this case, the content and link will be mutually agreed upon.
- Must have proper grammar and punctuation (tip use Grammarly)
- Must not contain any content that is a violation of any law, or be considered defamatory, hateful, libellous, or infringes on the legal rights of others.
- Must be unique content to the Content Kings Site you are looking to have it published on.
- Should include a list of suggested categories/keywords.
- Should be at least words in length. Longer articles may be broken into “parts”. Articles that are heavier on media can be shorter in length (for example, top-10 lists with images).
- Should include images or diagrams to help convey your points. These must also be sourced/cited.
Note that if the editorial policy and guidelines are not followed, your submission will probably not be accepted and published.
We attempt to reply to all guest post inquiries; however, it may take longer for a reply during certain periods. If your content blatantly ignores our editorial policy, then you probably won’t receive a response. Be mindful that your email does not classify as spam, or we might not see your email.